Thursday 17 January 2013

Kakkoii Review: Chuunibyou Demo Koi Ga (series)

Chuunibyou Demo Koi Ga


Have you ever imagined yourself as a wizard from Harry Potter, or see yourself as an action superhero anime character? If you said yes then, basically you have a case of Chuunibyou; a mental diseases (don't know why they call it a diseases...) where a person are led to believe that they are a non-fictional character from a book or anime or eroge.

Chuunibyou is absolutely EMBARRASSING, trust me! So now living the life of a past Chuunibyou, Yuuta Togashi tries to transists back into his normal life. Unfortunately (or fortunately), he encountered upon  Riika Takanashi, who has a super kawaii onee-san and a case of Chuunibyou . This anime is about the struggle Togashi faces in trying to lead a normal with Riika's distraction around the corner and, how (Spoiler) he finds a happy medium of his "adult" and childish Chuunibyou side. (End of Spoiler)
I laughed so hard, I thought I was giving birth~
First of all I wanna say; one, this anime is my hero. Two, this anime is my hero and, three, this anime is my hero! Out of all the 12-episodes anime that came out this fall, I would say by quite a clear margin Chuunibyou is the best release. The author certainly did put a lot of effort into this anime; trying to divert it from a generic harem-like situation, and really develop the story and portray the underlying message across. I thought the use of humor was also very clever; in a sense they are not cliche, and made me GENUINELY laughed.
Every Otaku's nightmare!?
Another positives I can draw form this anime is the obvious flawless animation and picture quality. You can tell from some of the images I have posted, the producer of Chuunibyou has certainly put a lot of effort into the art-work of this anime. Further to that, the characters in the series are so likable and kawaii; to the point that you could probably die from excessive-cuteness. Though, with all that being said, I kinda wished the ending left a stronger impression on me; not the actual ending story line, but the actual ending outcome left more to be desired.

Score:

  • Characters : 9/10
  • Animation: 9/10
  • Genre Value: 9/10
  • Story: 8.5/10
  • Overall: 9/10

   Kakkoii Character Award: 

Takanashi Touka
 ... Wait you disagree?  

Chiwassu, Janni ~

ジャンセン

P.S. I am planning to mostly do reviews per episode basis and do a final overall series review afterwards, but since I already finish the whole thing I though might as well do the series as a whole.

No comments:

Post a Comment